Thursday, December 11, 2008

I received an interesting phone call...


I was driving the other day to the grocery store when I received a phone call from a certain pilot/employee of the UVU Flight school who happens to be in charge of all Certified Flight Instructors. After a few minutes of interesting conversation I learned that he is in fact a BYU graduate with a piano performance degree. Anyway, the reason he called was that he wanted to recruit me as a CFI (Certified Flight Instructor) with UVU.

This may seem somewhat trivial, but the prospect of teaching flight lessons over the next year or so is quite enticing. Remember that if I become a flight instructor, I don't have to pay for my flight time AND I get paid for flying. There are still some things that would need to be done before I could begin such as get my commercial single add on and complete the required written and flight tests for the certification. Essentially all I would need to do for the flight portion is complete the commercial pilot checkride from the right seat instead of the left.

One other perk of the job is that I would get to wear those cool shirts with the epaulets. I know you're jealous. It's ok, anyone would be. Any comment?

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

:D :D :D!!!! We are so excited for you! (this is Chelsea and Megan speaking, we're at school... bored...) We hope you can get that job! That will be amazing!
Congratulations! This is exciting news!
P.S. You should fly us to San Francisco for our orchestra tour... :)

rjv_piper said...

Awesome! That will be great! You are a great teacher, so it should be a fun experiance for you. :D Have fun! Keep us updated!

May Girl said...

Mr. Findlay, I had the weirdest dream the other night. I dreamed I was begging you to be our orchestra teacher. Please! We miss you terribly!

May Girl said...

He Mr. Findlay, I wrote a poem about the choral risers:

"We're getting choral risers"
I thought that he meant pink
"We're getting choral risers"
They know I didn't think.
"We're getting choral risers
and all the joy they're bringing."
We're getting coral risers
I thought color, they meant singing.