Thursday, November 20, 2008

Does anyone know any pilots?



One of the most important lessons I've learned in my life is that you need to know people. No matter how wonderful my skills may be, getting a job is nearly impossible without knowing someone. To that end, I am posting this little message in the hopes that all 4 of you who read this blog will be forthcoming with your knowledge and relations.

Do you know any pilots? Do you know anyone who owns a company that uses aviation? Do you know someone who is associated with aviation in any way? Do you know someone who works for a company that has a private plane? I have been most fortunate so far as to have met some wonderful people in the industry (names withheld) Regional Vice President for the National Association of Air Traffic Controllers; Corporate pilot of a Cessna Citation CJ3; Corporate pilot of a Cessna Citation Bravo; Reserve pilot (FO) for Delta Airlines; Director of HR in charge of hiring at SkyWest; Reserve pilot (CAPT) for SkyWest Airlines; Line Pilot (CAPT) for SkyWest Airlines; and Reserve pilots (FO) for the following airlines: Express Jet, Mesaba, SkyWest.

I hope you enjoy the photos I've included (I know I enjoy them). Planes are just freakin' awesome aren't they? If you agree, you should see what it's like to actually FLY them! Oh yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about!

6 comments:

May Girl said...

Well, My uncle took flying lessons. I think he used to 'own' his own plane, but maybe not anymore.

rjv_piper said...

My step grandma's nephew? I don't know... I met him once last year... He was awesome. He's a piolet and has been for a while. Too bad I don't know him better, I think he lives in Sandy. That's a good point though. I want to ranch and raise rodeo stock, but I don't know many people who do it. I work at the rodeos every chance I get though. I think it'd be awesome to fly a plane. You're so lucky :)

May Girl said...

Hey Mr. Findlay. I have no idea if you'll get this by tomorrow, but we have a concert at Riverton High tomorrow (Dec. 9th) at 7:00 pm. if you want to come. We'd love to see you and we all miss you terribly.

Colonel said...

Try the Air Force - you can get into pilot training up to age 32.5 now. No better way to go!

Michelle said...

On Facebook, look up Dave Butler from Salt Lake City. He is my husband's old roommate and flies for Sky West. At least he did the last time I talked to him. I just added him as a friend, so as soon as he responds maybe I'll send him your way. I think it's awesome that you've decided to fly! Say hi to your wife for me! (This is her old Roommate, Michelle M.)

Anna said...

My brother's father-in-law is a pilot for Delta Airlines. He flies out of Salt Lake. His name is Mark Anderson and he lives in Wellsville.