Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Dream is Alive, Baby!

I am as excited as ever to fulfill my dream of becoming the Captain of a Boeing 787 Dreamliner. I have dreams about it (day & night) and can hardly contain myself once I get on the subject. Those who know me (both of you reading this) know that I'm a very passionate person. I thought that music was my only passion until my lovely wife suggested the idea of becoming a professional pilot. Well, I've "come out of the closet" with my passion for flying.

I'm excited to finish my commercial certificate this summer. I'll also be pursuing my CFI, CFII and MEI. When I first started flying I didn't think that I would ever enjoy teaching flight lessons. Having come from the profession of teaching I felt a great deal of hesitancy to enter a new realm of education. Teaching is HARD WORK. However, I've come to my senses. Having discovered my passion for flying, I can easily see myself teaching others to do it. Teaching is also the best way to learn. Having to stay on top of flight students with basic flight principles, techniques, procedures and FARs is the perfect way for me to keep my knowledge current.

I will fly the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. I have no doubt that I will be able to accomplish that goal.